I made this creamsicle trifle today, it actually tasted just like a creamsicle!
What you will need:
- half of a 13×9 inch orange cake (Duncan Hines)
- 1 orange flavoured gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water and 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 Jello vanilla flavoured instant pudding
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- Approx 2 cups cool whip ( you may need to use more than 1 cup for the top)
Boil 1 cup water for gelatin, stir into crystals in a 2 cup measuring cup. Whisk for 2 mins, add 3 ice cubes to that, stir till ice is melted. Transfer to a plastic container to cool in fridge will set faster.
Meanwhile as that is setting, make the pudding with 1 and 1/2 cups milk, and fold in 1 cup cool whip. Cut cake into bite size pieces, lay on the bottom layer some cake, top with pudding mixture, some gelatin, and top with cool whip, repeat ending with cool whip.
Let set in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.