- 2 zucchini partially peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 can rinsed caned chickpeas
- 1 398 ml can of crushed tomato or a few spoons of good quality tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp red pepper paste (optional)
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper chili flakes
In a pot heat three tablespoons of olive oil, add onions cook till tender, add the garlic ,and pepper flakes then zucchini. Cook until zucchini is getting tender, add chick peas and crushed tomato, fill the can 3/4 of the way with water add that to the pot as well. Cover with lid, simmer and cook on medium heat till vegetables are cooked and it thickens up. Serve with rice and yogurt if you desire. Enjoy!
If you are using tomato paste as I do sometimes, add it in the beginning while sauteing the onions, you may add the pepper paste then as well. Add water as much as needed.