What makes a summer BBQ party even better? Strawberry cake trifle for dessert is what!
What you will need:
- 1 half 13×9 inch pan size baked Duncan Hines strawberry cake ( I used the other half for the cake bites)
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- Birds custard follow recipe on can (cool completely before using)
- 3 cups Cool whip (approx)
- 1 and 1/2 cartons of strawberries cut into slices
- 1 strawberry flavoured gelatin mix follow instructions on box
Make gelatin according to directions on box. set in the trifle bowl and add some fresh cut strawberries, let set in fridge.
Meanwhile prepare the pudding with the milk. Fold in 2 cups cool whip till blended. cut cake into bite size pieces, when gelatin is set, add some cake on top, top with a few spoon s of cooled custard then a layer of pudding/cool whip mixture.
Repeat ending with the pudding mixture. top with the 1 cup cool whip or may use more, garnish the top with sliced strawberries.