Ok so you probably have learned 2 things about me so far…..I always use what I have around the kitchen….and the second my love for pancakes! I had some ripe bananas and a little raspberries left so I figured I’d throw them in the pancake batter, and they turned out amazing!
You can always use a pancake mix if you like, just add in the mashed bananas, raspberries and chocolate chips.
What you will need:
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups organic or unbleached white flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 -1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
Sift flour together with the sugar ,baking soda and baking powder.Add egg, buttermilk and melted butter to the dry ingredients.
Stir only until blended, stir in the mashed bananas, chocolate chips, add the raspberries. Pour the batter with a ladle, depending on what size pancakes you like.
Cook on hot non stick pan. You may butter your pancakes if you wish.
* I make my own buttermilk, just stir in 2 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar in 1 cup milk and let stand for 3minutes.