- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup ‘unbleached’ white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Sift flours together with the sugar ,baking soda, baking powder and oatmeal.
Add egg, buttermilk and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Stir only until blended, add in chocolate chips.
Heat your non stick pan till hot, I cook my pancakes between the 4-5 dial on my glass stove top.
Using a ladle, spoon batter onto hot pan or griddle and shape into a circle. Cook on 1 side until small bubbles appear. Flip and cook the other side. Brush with butter between batches if desired. Enjoy!