My kids love these cookies, they are chewy and soft. The dates add a nice sweet taste to them, and add to the chewy texture. These cookies are sweet way to sneak in some fiber into your diet!:)
What you will need:
- 1 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 /3 cup oat bran
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates chopped
Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time beat until creamy.
In medium bowl, mix flour, oats, oat bran, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture, stir in chocolate chips.
Drop from 1 tbsp measure onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.