I was inspired to make this mango cheesecake as I had some amazingly sweet mango’s, and my son wanted cheesecake….so I thought why not combine them together! Well my experiment turned out delicious!
What you will need:
- 3-8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese softened*
- 2- 3 oz pkgs mango flavoured gelatin
- 1/2 cup mango pulp or 1 mango pureed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1- 1/2 cup ginger cookie crumbs or graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
In spring form pan, spray with non stick spray. Combine the sugar with cookie crumbs.
Press down the cookie crumbs with melted butter, form into crust.
Mix 1/2 cup boiling water with 1 pkg of mango gelatin; cool.
In mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar till well blended, then add cooled gelatin, and mango pulp/puree. Combine and mix well.
Pour filling over crumbs, chill in fridge for 3 hours.
In a 2 cup measuring cup, mix the other box of gelatin with 1/2 cup boiling water, and cool with 3 ice cubes till melted. Will be jelly texture, pour over the cheesecake.
Top with cut up fresh mango.
Refrigerate for another hour till fully set.
* To soften cream cheese,remove from package place on a plate,cut into cubes and microwave for 1 minute.