- 4 small or 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 green onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 ‘bunch’ of parsley
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 egg*
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- a drizzle of olive oil as your blending
*Seasonings in approx amounts:
- 1- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (optional)
- 1 tsp melted butter 1 tsp olive oil mix together
In food processor blend veggies, till finely minced. Remove from blender, and add the chicken, before the chicken is fully grounded add the veggies, and seasonings, egg, bread crumbs, and drizzle with olive oil, blend till mixed well.
Remove from blender and place in a mixing bowl, and test the texture, if its too soft and not able to work with add more bread crumbs. If its fine start to shape the kabobs on the skewers.
Grill on BBQ on low heat, turning and cooking evenly until fully cooked.
Brush melted butter with olive oil over kabobs.
Serve with salad and rice if you like, or you can make them into sandwiches with pita bread.
* You cannot taste raw chicken, so you can’t really know the exact amount of seasonings to add. Use your best judgement if you want to add more or less.
* Have a small bowl of olive oil on hand, you can use it as you are shaping the the kabobs, it helps shaping them, as the meat mixture is a bit sticky, and you need a little oil on them so they don’t stick to the grill.
* You may cook kabobs on the stove top in a frying pan if you like, as seen in the below picture.
*Now that I am on a low fat diet, I use egg whites instead of a whole egg, 3 tbsp equals 1 egg.